Your evaporator is covered by a two year limited warranty. For two years from your original date of purchase, Vermont Evaporator Company, LLC (“VEC”) will replace any parts of this evaporator that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship when such evaporator is installed, used and maintained in accordance with the provided instructions. VEC may, at its discretion, replace your evaporator in order to fulfill its obligations under this warranty.
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Products with original serial number that have been removed, altered or cannot be readily determined.
- Product that has been transferred from its original owner to another party or removed outside the USA.
- Production loss due to any kind of failure of the evaporator.
- Revenue losses due to syrup quality.
- Service calls which do not involve malfunction or defect in materials or workmanship, or used other than in accordance with the provided instructions.
- Service calls to correct the installation of your evaporator or to instruct you how to use your evaporator.
- Expenses for making the evaporator accessible for servicing, such as the removal of a structure.
- Damages caused by: services performed by unauthorized service companies; use of parts other than genuine VEC parts or parts obtained from persons other than authorized service companies; or external causes such as abuse, misuse, inadequate power supply, accidents, fires, or acts of God.
- Consumable products (such as wood) or accessories.
- If the product was damaged by abusive use, negligence, accidents caused by you (or third-parties), modifications caused to be made by you, water damage, variation in the electric power or power surge.
- Damage caused by the use of products that are not meant for use with VEC’s equipment or an incorrect use of a product, such as acids or cleaning products.
- Use of non-approved burning agents, accelerants, or other non-recommended combustibles.
Disclaimer of implied warranties; limitation of remedies.
Your sole and exclusive remedy under this limited warranty shall be repair or replacement as provided herein. Except as set forth herein and to the extent allowable by law, VEC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. VEC shall not be liable for consequential or incidental damages such as property damages and incidental expenses or loss or revenues caused by any event covered by the warranty set forth herein. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on the duration of implied warranties, so these limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This written warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state.