Giving Back is Sweeter Than Maple Syrup.
Vermont Evaporator Company gives back in a sweet way.
The Vermont Evaporator Company believes in supporting the people and planet that make our company possible: recognizing the contributions of Native Americans, caring for the sugar woods, and giving back locally.
Supporting Native American Land Use Rights
The original inhabitants of North America discovered how to make maple sugar, and passed on that knowledge to European immigrants. All of us who work in the maple industry benefit from this knowledge-transfer on a daily basis. At the Vermont Evaporator Company, we stand with native communities who are fighting for the freedom and ability to use the very land where they discovered maple generations ago.
- In 2018 and 2019, we pledged 5% of revenues during November, Native American Heritage Month, to the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe in support of their decades-old fight for land sovereignty. We #standwithmashpee
- In 2020, we pledged 5% of our November revenues to the Native American Community Response Fund to help native communities everywhere emerge from the COVID crisis.
- Every year, we challenge others in the Vermont maple industry to donate a portion of their November sales to support like-causes.
- We pledge to both repeat and rise to this challenge annually in observation of Native American Heritage Month. Please join us!
Caring for Sugar Country
If it weren’t for the forests, maple syrup would not exist. We owe these “sugar woods” protection and respect. We support the following environmental organizations in their work caring for the lands and waterways on which we and our sugar woods depend.
Where would any of us be if our local community didn’t support us? Now it’s our turn to give back! In addition to sourcing goods, services and labor as close to home as possible, we have also supported the following local environmental, arts and business organizations:
- Northern Woodlands
- Vermont River Conservancy
- Vermont Youth Conservation Corps
- Green Mountain Film Festival
- Vermont Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Montpelier Alive
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility
- Vermont Chapter of Main Street Alliance
- Vermont Maple Sugar Makers Association
- Vermont Chamber of Commerce
- Just Basics, Inc. Montpelier Food Pantry